Slow-Cooker Shredded BBQ Beef
Sweet and tangy BBQ Beef, slow-cooked and ready for slider buns or regular sized.
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder or 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup BBQ sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray's Original
- 1 Package of slider or hamburger buns
Sprinkle both sides of roast with salt and pepper
Place into 5-6 quart slow-cooker.
Mix ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder.
Cook on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Shred meat with 2 forks and mix in BBQ sauce.
Heat until warmed through.
Serve on slider or regular hamburger buns.
Important to not add too much water or the shredded meat will become soup-like.
You may use any BBQ sauce or buns that you like.
My family doesn't like onion pieces, but don't mind the flavor. That is why I used onion powder instead of diced onions.