Looking for that next great dish that has your family begging for more! This might be the best version of tacos that I have seen in a long time. Easy way to use up the leftover taco meat from Taco Tuesday delivered in an entirely new way!
A simple dish that combines Tacos with the soft taste of buttermilk biscuits. Easy to customize for your family's likes. Tastes as good hot out of the oven and reheated.
- 9×13 Pan
- 1 lb Cooked Taco Meat Make with your favorite meat and seasoning
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese Use your favorite kind. I used Shredded Taco Style Cheese (not with the seasoning)
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits 16.3 oz can
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each into 8 pieces.
- In a large bowl, using a spatula, mix biscuit pieces and taco meat mixture, and 1 cup of cheese, stirring gently to combine.
- Spoon evenly into the baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the biscuits in the center of the casserole are baked through.
- Sprinkle top with the remaining cheese and bake an addition 5 minutes until melted.
- Serve with your traditional taco toppings!