Slow-Cooker Shredded BBQ Beef
Sweet and tangy BBQ Beef, slow-cooked and ready for slider buns or regular sized.
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder or 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup BBQ sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Original
- 1 Package of slider or hamburger buns
- Sprinkle both sides of roast with salt and pepper
- Place into 5-6 quart slow-cooker.
- Mix ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred meat with 2 forks and mix in BBQ sauce.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Serve on slider or regular hamburger buns.
Important to not add too much water or the shredded meat will become soup-like. You may use any BBQ sauce or buns that you like. My family doesn’t like onion pieces, but don’t mind the flavor. That is why I used onion powder instead of diced onions.