Easy recipe that doesn’t take a lot of eggs, but still has everything you need for breakfast or Brinner.
Potato Bacon Breakfast Bake
The original recipe is from the inside of the Nestle evaporated milk label. However, to simplify the recipe, I use pre-cooked bacon! Also, onion powder becomes my family doesn't like onions!
- 8x8 baking pan/dish
- 4 Cups Frozen Hash Browns
- 8 oz Hormel Fully-Cooked Bacon chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz Nestle Evaporated Milk
- 1 large Egg lightly beaten
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.
- LAYER 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers.
- Combine evaporated milk, egg and salt in a small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Uncover; bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.