This simple recipe only takes minutes to prepare and you can have it on the table in under an hour. Add a tossed salad and some bread to round out the meal.
Lasagna without the large noodles. Using cheese tortellini it makes it easy to scoop and share.
- 1 lb Ground Beef, Italian Sausage, or half and half
- 24 oz Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pkg Fresh or Frozen Tortellini (9 oz minimum)
- 8 oz Cottage Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Brown meat then drain the excess grease.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté with the browned meat until onion is cooked.
- Mix together half of the sauce, half of the cheese and the cottage cheese.
- Stir in the meat/onion mixture and the tortellini.
- Spread into a 9×13 pan or glass dish.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce on the tortellini and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more until the cheese is melted and browned.