Today is a beautiful day! Outside my window that is.
I would love to be outside enjoying the weather, because here in Minnesota, you have to enjoy every last warm day, because, winter is coming.
Other than enjoying the weather, I would much rather be outside, because inside all around my desk are post-its. My post-its have post-its. I really feel like a need an EXTRA-LARGE post-it.
Those are just what I can remember to write down. In my very muddled brain would be more post-its (if it was possible).
I don’t know where to start. (huge sigh)
Labor day weekend is here, followed by the kids starting school on Tuesday, so that means that it is Darling Daughter’s room clean-up! (I haven’t told her yet). I’m not talking surface clean and hiding things under the bed, but going through everything, pulling it out and making sure that it has a place to go at the end of it all. It may not be back in her room (I might need a bigger garbage can). My gameplan is this:
- Start in one corner and pick up each item individually.
- Sort into: Garbage, Give Away, Desk, Dirty clothes and Clean Clothes (if she can figure it out, I think it might end up all dirty)
- When a laundry basket of dirty clothes is filled, take and start the wash.
- Continue around the room until it is empty.
- Vacuum, Dust and generally deep clean the room (hasn’t had this type of care for a long time)
- Start putting things back in the room, starting with the clean clothes.
- Continue putting things away in the right location (no saying I don’t know where it should go, if we don’t know it won’t come back into the room)
- Continue until all items have found a home either in or out of the room.
But what next. How do I get her to make sure to keep her room that way?
Guess we will have to see what works. Any suggestions?